Thursday 24 February 2011

NEW GALLERY: The Singing Soul


It is rare that I walk through my local town and see something that seems to fit with me. And here, today I stumbled across a new gallery in the little old town of Cranbrook in Kent, near to where I live at the moment, in a mansion (a school) in the middle of nowhere (next to a huge magical forest). Not only are there some very interesting, story-like paintings, beautiful theatrical ceramics and other hand-crafted creations - but the place will be running some great courses throughout the year in art, craft and writing. From Dress Making to 'Getting Published' - if you're live in the South Kent area - it is well worth a look! Private View tomorrow night (Friday 26th February).

It's Marie Prett, who I met today (she is lovely, and the lady that I want to be one day) - who is the gallery curator and shop owner.

You can check out her wares here:

No comments:

Post a Comment